The Power of Repeatable Content
Thank you to our sponsors who keep this newsletter free to the reader:
Learn how to leave your corporate 9-5, travel the world, and build your own business with this 26 page free guide from The Action Academy. Download It Here!
Hey coaches, Shawn’s premium website templates will help you launch your dream website in no time. Use code TSS2023 for $100 off. Launch my website!
Have you ever dealt with 'content fatigue'?
Feeling absolutely exhausted from always having to think of and create 'new' content?
Well, here's something you should recognize that will make your life significantly easier:
Your content has a longer shelf-life than you think.
I recently ran an experiment where I posted similar tweets on two different days — September 7th and September 19th.
That’s only 12 days apart. I wanted to see how closely people pay attention.
These are basically the same Tweet but with slightly altered words.
Both of these Tweets received an extremely high level of engagement, averaging 3,220 interactions each. Contrast that with my normal content engagement, which is around 900.
It’s interesting to see how a particular structure of words resonates so deeply.
Repetition Isn't Your Enemy, It's Your Ally
Successful creators already know this secret.
Nearly every pop music hit you can think of uses the same four chords.
Blockbuster films follow the same story formula called “The Hero’s Journey”. The narrative arcs of Star Wars, The Lion King, and The Matrix are made from the same building blocks.
If they can recycle elements that work, you can too.
The Real Magic is in Packaging Information Effectively
The information you share online is critical, but how you package that information can make or break its impact.
That’s why I like creating reusable templates.
They offer a structured approach to creating impactful content when I’m tired of writing, not feeling creative, or simply in a rut.
So, if a certain style or structure works — go back to the damn well. Not every day. Not every week. Don’t be a repeating robot. But, don’t just throw something away after one use. People are inundated with information, and nobody recalls everything you've shared.
Take it from a guy who has been creating daily content for almost 5 years. Once you learn this lesson, you’ll understand the importance of building a portfolio of high-performance content.
Today's Action Step
Want to maximize the ROI of your content? Here's how:
- Identify your 3-5 best-performing pieces of content.
- Use ChatGPT to turn them into reusable templates. Just type: "I want to turn a Tweet that worked very well into a template that I can reuse to write about nearly any topic. Here's the content:"
- Insert your chosen content and store your new template somewhere for reuse.
I've also created a solution that takes this principle even further.
Every month, I send out 5 proven social media templates to more than 2,400 subscribers. These templates are designed to help you not just repurpose, but also enhance the quality and engagement of your posts.
Want in? Click here.
Remember, you're not a one-hit wonder. You're a consistent performer, and consistency is what builds brands.
See you next week.
Whenever you're ready, there are 4 ways I can help you:
1. The Creator MBA: On January 16th, 2024, I’m aggregating 5 years of online business expertise, proven methods, and actionable strategies into The Creator MBA. It will set the stage for a new era of lean, focused, and profitable Internet businesses. Join 16,000+ internet entrepreneurs on the waitlist.
2. The LinkedIn Operating System: Join 17,000 students and 30 LinkedIn Top Voices inside of The LinkedIn Operating System. This comprehensive course will teach you the system I used to grow from 0 to 490,000+ followers and $5M+ in income.
3. The Content Operating System: Join 7,000 students in my multi-step content creation system. Learn to create a high-quality newsletter and 6-12 pieces of high-performance social media content each week.
4. Promote yourself to 185,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.