4 Tips to Convert Visitors Into Sales
Thank you to our sponsors who keep this newsletter free to the reader:
If you want to make more sales online, you need a compelling landing page.
Over the last 2.5 years, I've sold over $2M in services, products, and community online.
And I've built every landing page myself.
While the typical eCommerce website converts from 1% to 2%, my conversion rate from visitor to purchase is around 3.6%.
Here are 4 simple landing page tips to increase your sales.
Tip #1: A Clear And Intriguing Header/Subheader
Whenever someone visits your landing page, the first thing they'll see is the hero section.
You want to make sure this section is extremely clear. Readers should be able to understand exactly what outcome to expect from using your product.
I use the header to establish that outcome in clear (not clever or cute) language that is firm and direct.
Outcome: Grow & Monetize Your LinkedIn Account.
I use the subheader to establish credibility and answer the question, "Ok, but why should I trust you?" I like to use big numbers that catch the reader's attention.
Credibility: The exact system I use to go from zero to 190k followers and $1.7M+ in income with no paid ads.
Tip #2: Above the Fold Humanized Social Proof
The next thing you need to improve conversion rate is instant social proof.
Far too many people bury their ratings/reviews/testimonials below the fold.
I like to put the rating of my products above the fold and add a human element by using headshots of real, happy students. This makes it more real.
The closer to your CTA (call-to-action) the more likely someone is to click on it.
That leads me perfectly to the next tip.
Tip #3: Make it Easy to Buy!
I've visited way too many landing pages where I can't actually figure out how to get started.
I have to watch some video, or click on a menu, or scroll down...all to find the "Buy" button. What a terrible mistake.
If someone is ready to make a purchase, make it easy. I like to use big, bold buttons that tell people exactly what they'll get when they click them.
Again, no cutesy language. Just clear.
If someone isn't ready to buy, make sure that you give them the option on every single section of your page. My average landing page has 8 CTAs on it.
Tip #4: Use "Curtain Language" to Entice.
I use a copywriting technique I've decided to call "curtain language".
This language refers to enticing the reader by suggesting there are secrets inside of the course (there are) and if they want to know those secrets...
They just need to peek behind the curtain.
Here are a few examples:
- Uncover the 3 traits you need to grow an audience of raving fans...
- Learn the number one problem with all LinkedIn profiles and how to get past it…
- Use this method to create weekly income without turning off your audience...
- Re-program how you create content to crush "writer's block" forever…
Good curtain language tempts the reader to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. They just MUST know what's inside.
And that's it for my 4 tips for today.
- Tip #1: A Clear And Intriguing Header/Subheader
- Tip #2: Above the Fold Humanized Social Proof
- Tip #3: Make it Easy to Buy!
- Tip #4: Use "Curtain Language" to Entice.
Whenever you're ready, there are 4 ways I can help you:
1. The Creator MBA: On January 16th, 2024, I’m aggregating 5 years of online business expertise, proven methods, and actionable strategies into The Creator MBA. It will set the stage for a new era of lean, focused, and profitable Internet businesses. Join 16,000+ internet entrepreneurs on the waitlist.
2. The LinkedIn Operating System: Join 17,000 students and 30 LinkedIn Top Voices inside of The LinkedIn Operating System. This comprehensive course will teach you the system I used to grow from 0 to 490,000+ followers and $5M+ in income.
3. The Content Operating System: Join 7,000 students in my multi-step content creation system. Learn to create a high-quality newsletter and 6-12 pieces of high-performance social media content each week.
4. Promote yourself to 185,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.